Our Statement of Faith
.. We believe the scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
.. We believe there is only one true God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
.. We believe in the deity of the Jesus Christ. As God’s son, Jesus was both human and divine.
.. We believe though originally good, man willingly fell to sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
.. We believe every person can have restored fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
.. We believe in water baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and holy communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
.. We believe that the gifts of the spirit are still in operation today.
.. We believe that Columbus Girls Academy, as a para-church organization, is responsible to the great commission to save the lost, make disciples, and send them out.
About Corrective Discipline
Discipline at Columbus Girls Academy is principle-minded and designed to teach a lesson, not punish. We do not participate in any form of corporal punishment, withholding food, nor physical restraint (other than in situations where the child may be an imminent threat to herself or others). Typical disciplinary tactics include the loss of some privileges or the addition of chores, or both.
Our Covenant to Our Students
- We PLEDGE to serve every student with Christ-like compassion, respect and guidance.
- We COMMIT to address the needs of students and to assist them in the development of Godly character.
- We DEDICATE ourselves to mentor and to nurture meaningful relationships, inspiring hope for the future.
Our Core Values
- Integrity – “Living and working with excellence”
- Compassion – “Embracing hope, love, and reconciliation”
- Community – “Working together and supporting one another”
- Vision – “Seeing beyond the present”
- Stewardship -“Faithfully managing God’s call and resources”
- Faith – “Believing God for the impossible”
- Servanthood – “Dedicating ourselves to the success of others”